Soccer Program Curriculum
How it works
We divide students in our soccer program by age group to better serve your child's developmental needs.
Classes last for 45-50 minutes and are once a week for 8 weeks. We have multiple class times for each age group to accommodate different schedules.
Our coaches lead games and drills to build both athletic and social skills. Each week focuses on a specific soccer skill. We routinely change the drills and games to keep sessions engaging for returning students.
Week 1: Introductions & touches on the ball
Week 2: Dribbling
Week 3: Trapping
Week 4: Passing
Week 5: Shooting
Week 6: Combined dribbling & shooting
Week 7: Combined passing & shooting
Week 8: Combined passing, shooting & dribbling
Find the next Soccer Cubs session near you!
- Red-level classes introduce soccer to toddlers with activities that allow them to run, kick a ball, and get comfortable playing in a group.
- Children develop gross motor skills such as balance and coordination, which are fundamental to the game.
- Classes are parent-assisted.
- Blue-level classes emphasize learning soccer fundamentals.
- Through fun games and activities, children learn balance, coordination, dribbling, trapping and shooting.
- Fast-paced classes encourage students to participate in group activities and teach listening skills and teamwork.
- Green-level classes are designed to strengthen students' basic soccer skills and help them get comfortable with playing on a team.
- At this age, we introduce a lot more ball-oriented games and give kids the opportunity to participate in non-competitive scrimmages to encourage teamwork.
- Group activities are geared towards polishing soccer fundamentals: trapping, dribbling, passing, and shooting.
- Silver and Gold-level classes promote mastery of the skills learned in earlier classes.
- All activities are ball-oriented and encourage the kids to practice ball control.
- At this age the children have developed a stronger sense of competition and we gear that competitiveness into a constructive growth experience.
La Academia Soccer Training
The Next Step
If your child has already gone through Soccer Cubs or has other soccer experience, La Academia may be a better fit for you.
La Academia is our indoor soccer training program for kids 5–14 years old. Kids in the program attend weekly practice taught by a licensed coach and play in one of our weekend youth soccer leagues.
We recommend La Academia for young soccer players who want to continue honing their skills. This is also a great option for kids who play club soccer but want to continue playing in the off-season.
Contact Us to register for a youth soccer league and start training with La Academia!